Wednesday, May 2

Photo Problems

I'm having trouble lately with Blogger. Firstly, they changed their whole code system just as I got really really good at fiddling with it. With that "upgrade", they also changed their template layouts, making it "easier" for people to customize them. For someone like me, who'd dedicated hours and hours of time to customizing my layout based on their old program, it was pull-out-your-hair frustrating. I still haven't gotten things looking just the way I want them to. I know I made a whole post about why I'm being less complicated, and those are a bunch of reasons that are true. But the other reason, the one I didn't mention, is that Blogger up and changed everything from "stuff I can edit in my sleep and will still love" to "stuff that's too complicated for me to tinker with without learning another language". Make sense?

Anyway, I think I've pared things down to what really matters. I'm still having trouble getting a photo to post properly, and hosting it on my test Blogger blog doesn't seem to be working anymore. Flickr won't let me post it here without a direct link back to Flickr, and I want the direct link to send you back to my blog. So that's not an option.

I suppose an easy solution for all of my problems is to find a different blog host, but I'm completely unwilling to pay any dollar amount for a blog. So I'm stuck between a semi-soft rock and a kind of crumbly space. It's not like it's the end of the world or a catch 22 or anything, but it's an annoyance.

PS: Like my new header?