Tuesday, August 14

Purging

Bruce is coming home on either Thursday or Friday, and I have to say, this is long-overdue. No more two months in between visits. Yep, that's all I've got to say about that.

In the meantime, though, I'm trying to clean the house in a rush - don't want him coming home to see that Lazy has moved in in his absence. Actually, it looks more like Hurricane Lazy struck the house. And stayed for a visit. I'm clearing things up, though.

Did you know that when you do laundry but neglect to fold, eventually you won't be able to reach the machines to do more laundry? It's funny how that works. Not to fear, though, I've taken care of that mess. Well, most of it.

It's also Clean Out the Fridge day - garbage day is tomorrow. I think I'll expand it this week to include my closets. I don't like to throw away clothes. I have a deep attachment to most of them. I can remember what I was wearing when I first met Bruce, and while it doesn't really fit me anymore, it would be sad to get rid of it. Sure it was a Walmart shirt, probably cost me five dollars, tops, but that isn't the point for me. I made out on the dock in that shirt. That's a big deal for me.

Most of the clothes I'm talking about don't have that kind of memory attached, though. Most of them have several memories of me trying to wear them because I had nothing else to wear, being uncomfortable for a few hours, and remembering why I don't like to wear them. Then I forgot they were uncomfortable and put them back in the closet, and the cycle repeated. I'm going to bring these clothes to Goodwill. There's no point in keeping them.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Goodwill enjoyed the benefits of my purging before I moved. Five big bags of clothes and shoes and a random assortment of other items that I can no longer remember.

I take clothes to Goodwill once or twice a year. If I haven't worn it for a long time, there's usually a reason. I like to purge my closet. So I can fill it back up again. :)

GOOD LUCK!

susan said...

I went through the closet this past weekend, myself. I've still got a few shirts that I know in my heart of hearts don't really fit me anymore, but I can't bear to part with them. I've contemplated cutting the little graphic off the front of one of them, though, and sewing it onto a backpack or something. I don't know.

Yay for husbands coming home!

Sunny said...

That's a great idea, Susan. If I can find some of those shirts, I'll definitely do that!