Wednesday, September 20

Passing the Buck

Most of the time, I wish I could pass it off. What, you ask? Well, pretty much anything. Everything, even. I wish I could assign tasks to people around me (most notably, B. He's a good person to look to for tasks of the gathering-information-online sort, for example. Or the taking-out-the-trash nature. You know, the stuff I'm really not interested in.  

I look to various people for various things. Most of the mundane stuff at work I can laze my way out of - nobody works a full day, and there's always somebody there to pick up my slack.

I think this way of thinking is biting me in the ass, not to put too fine a point on things. I can't really expect to get the most out of life by sitting back and letting someone else do the dirty work. For one thing, I'm being a major pain in the ass. For another, no one is going to figure out what I want to do with my life for me. It sucks, but I can't just lay around and expect to reap the benefits of being self-sufficient.

So, long story short, I'm going to try to take an active role in, well, myself. The Buck Stops Here, as some politician or other might put it. Only I mean it. For reals.

In light of this new variety of thought, I've been thinking about going back to school. Someday. In the meantime, I think I'd better get a better idea of what I want to do. After twenty-odd years of trying to figure it out, I'm thinking Veterinary Technician might be a good prospect for me. So let the research begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryn:"Not to put my nose in where it doesn't belong, but if you're interested in getting a cheaper Fortamet, the same medicine is available by generic (the brand name for it is Glucophage). It might save you some $$$ - that's always a good thing, right?

Good luck!

-Sarah "

i did get the generic. i have taken it before, it always gave me tummy aches, but im sucking it up.

hugs,
manda

Jess said...

Good luck, sweetie. I know that you'll get it figured out. Taking an active role in one's life is something too far people remember to do - you've already won half the battle! ;)