Sunday, May 1

Mom Called Today, and Talked to Bruce

Thank you, friend.

Thank you for choosing me.

Thank you for fitting so well into my life.

Thank you for teaching me.

Thank you for learning from me.

Thank you for showing me how much you love me, every day.

Thank you for being grateful for my love.

Thank you for letting me know my boundaries.

Thank you for never going to bed angry.

Thank you for watching over me.

Thank you for loving my family.

Thank you for watching my family, when I wasn't there to do it myself.

Thank you for always being happy to see me.

Thank you for never wanting to see me leave.

Thank you for putting your head out the window in the car.

Thank you for trusting me.

Thank you for being someone I can trust with my life.

Thank you for laying with me on the couch.

Thank you for being so soft, ever so soft.

Thank you for sleeping in my bed when I was lonely.

Thank you for loving the stuffed raccoon I bought you for Christmas this year.

Thank you for patiently waiting for me.

I'm sorry I wasn't there at the very end.

Goodbye, sweet Augie. Know that I loved you with all my heart.

2 comments:

Jess said...

He knew.

I'm sorry, Sunny.

Unknown said...

Wow, you really have a way of getting the essence of the deepest feelings into words.

At the same time you've summed up what deep friendship is all about.

Cal