Sunday, May 29

This is My Life

I woke up this morning 3 minutes before the alarm was set to go off. I laid in bed for 2 minutes, too lazy to move. At 1 minute to, I clambered out of bed and set the alarm for 8:30, giving myself an extra half-hour of semi-sleep.

When I woke up, I again clambered (have I mentioned the difficulty - even beyond the normal, everyday difficulty, due to the nature of it - of getting out of that bed?) out of bed, this time with the shower in mind.

I showered as quickly as I could. I have always hated lingering in the shower, even before the drain grew so hairy that the "shower" turned into a "shower/bath". I'm serious. It's even Drain-o resistant. Even off-brand drain-unclogging liquid resistant. I shaved my (lower) legs. I used the shampoo/conditioner samplers I got from Walmart before the trip - "Excuse me, Miss, do you color your hair? Here's a free sample from Pantene, especially for color-treated hair!" - and opted for the rinse-off for the rest of me.

I then went to work. Lawn and Garden kicks ass, if you were wondering. Sure, I love my pharmacy, and I love my title. But sometimes, I really long for that sort of mundane, nothing-really-matters that comes with having absolutely no responsibilities. Plus, these people were my age! At least compared to the ones I'm used to. (Recent observation from a friend - "Man, I know you complain about not having anyone your age to talk to, but I didn't know you meant they were That Old!) So what if 17 isn't exactly in my generation anymore? High school boys and I go together like peas and carrots! Or like some other vegetables that I actually can stomach! Hurrah! Too bad they (the 17 year old boys) never found me this intriguing when I was 17, but beggers can't be choosers, right? RIGHT!

Then I came home. As I pulled up, Bruce was lighting the grill. I told him about my day, and then I sat outside/inside on the couch and read for a while, then read up on the blogs I've been obsessed with lately. Then, I ate the dinner that My Husband had made me. Then, he took the movies back to Family Video and picked us out some new ones to watch. THIS IS THE LIFE, PEOPLE. YOU ALL NEED A BRUCE!

Next, I'm planning on publishing my blog entry, going in to the living room and watching some movies. Just in case you were wondering.

Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Larry said...

Have you tryed a plunger on the drain. I had a sink like that once and when I took the plunger to it, it submitted to my authority.

Jess said...

I totally feel your pain. Oh. My. God. Hair can be so damned gross.

Jay said...

So that's what newlywedded bliss is, huh? I'm totally starting to forget.