Tuesday, January 4

Buyer's Remorse

I went to Target today, in order to buy myself a few new shirts for work. Before that, I stopped at Goodwill (because hey, it's freaking cheap!) and found some pants. Alas, all that they had to offer for white shirts looked like stuff my granny would wear to church. Even though it's just work, I prefer to keep my sense of fashion as far away from granny's as possible, at all times.

While I was there, I celebrated my first check at my new job. Unfortuantely, that turned into a fairly expensive celebration, with the purchase of not one, but two white shirts for work, a navy tee-shirt for.. well, just for making me look splendid, I suppose.. a book (The Amulet of Samarkand, by Jonathon Stroud--a Harry Potteresque book, from what I gather on the back cover), hair-holder-backers (man, this urge I have to cut my hair is almost overwhelming, but I want to be able to do something pretty with it for the wedding), and hair dye. About $60.00 worth of remorse is coursing it's way through my veins right now, and it sucks.

Well, I've got to take off this new shirt, the kitty seems to think it's a climbing wall. Could someone help me feel better about my splurge?

3 comments:

Miss Wired said...

Think of it as an investment. :)

Jess said...

My Christmas splurge included....6 DVDs (one being a box set), $123 worth of new shirts, $25 worth of new books, and some bedding/picture frames/decorative stuff for my apartment and office.

Consider your $60 well earned and spent.

Oh, and I bought $88 worth of school books today. Yay. Ugh...

Byagi said...

I'd say money well spent. Well earned too. You needed all that stuff, and you really wanted the dye. I think we should get what we want.

Speaking of which, honey, I saw this great big screen tv at best buy a few days ago.......;)