Sunday, January 16

The Year In Review:

This is a little late in coming, but suffice to say that I've had a lot to think about when considering what to dedicate 2004 to. I've come to the conclusion that most of the trials as well as the epiphanies of the year were the result of one of two factors:

1. Here is the first factor - Peter Vella wine, which guided me through half of the decisions made in 2004. His Delicious Red was in fact, quite delicious, and his Blush was delectable.

2. Here is where I spent a good deal of my time in May and June, looking through amusing profiles and taking amusing tests.. finally to come upon This Stunning Assortment of Intelligence and Craziness, which I fell in like with, and promptly messaged. Surprisingly enough, he was nice when he messaged me back (oddly enough, that's hard to find). He was also interesing and extremely funny, and we spent hours of time talking online, before we talked on the phone. Little was I to know that I'd be moving 3 states away to live with him before the year was up. Or that I'd be engaged to him. Go figure.

3. This is where I'd spend the rest of my time, during 2004. I got the job by accident, and wasn't entirely pleased to have it after Day One. The person who took me out of Lawn and Garden to work in the pharmacy did so because I was <20 and sort of pretty, which I (to this day) take offense to. However, instead of being all pissed off and defiant and sexual-harrassment-calling on him, I decided to do my very best to prove that I was incredible (also that I wouldn't be dating him, EVER EVER.) He eventually got the hint. Both the hints. I now am firmly implanted in the Kmart Pharmacy, whether I like it or not. Go me. I found a freaking career (of sorts).

4. I managed to document my entire dating history, which I'm insanely proud of. It's a show-and-tell of how smitten I was becoming with Bruce that I posted it. He posted his own in reply, which made me fall in love. Well, among other reasons.

5. Here is a post I'm including for the hell of it, just because I wrote it before I came to Blogger, and I don't think very many of you have realized that I added my archives from livejournal onto this site. I like this post, and you all should freaking read it. It rocks.

6. Here is a place where I relieved the pressure from a very real guilt that I had. Also an amazing post.

7. Dead Porcupine Road. That's all I have to say about that. Read it, damnit.

8. Here is a great story: One of the best stories I have from working at the vet clinic. It still makes me teary. Enjoy the sadness.

9. Here is everything I've ever felt about purses. Period.

10. This is me explaining to Bruce how in love with him I was, and how it grows every day.

11. Here is an interesting break-down of most of my interactions with my parents.

12. This is a dream I had once. Don't read it if you're not into that sort of thing. I know that Dreams Aren't Interesting To Other People.

13. This is a hillarious story about the vet clinic. To balance out the sad one, of course.

14. Leg Hair.

15. My coffee was one of the posts that I really liked. Enjoy.

16. What I Snuggle.

17. Olaf. Or another story about the vet clinic. Probably a more important story, in some respects.

18. Here is where I give The Best Reply To My Own Post Ever. It's pretty amazing, and you all should look. Also, it's good for me to remember what it was like not having sex for 2 years. I know, I was a FREAK!

19. Make-Out Whore. Or: Goes To Show You Never Can Tell.

20. A story about people I work with, re: gay people. Bastards.

21. This is a story I wrote in June that I'm incredibly proud of. It comes from the heart and true circumstances, and it makes me cry. It's the only thing I've ever felt that was worth publishing, and I hope you agree.

22. My Gay Lover. Well, almost.

23. My Vacation in heaven.

24. Stale Tequiza '99. The Bestest Party EVER.

25. This, when I was almost at the point of breaking at work, was enough to keep me going. The knowlege that I was able to train people, without knowing everything myself, was more than enough to make me strive even harder.

26. Here is a point that I can't drive home firmly enough. Be Patient, People!

27. The Not-Getting-Any prescriptions.

28. Grady said this. It made me feel good about the Enormously Indigestion Causing Event that was to follow the next day.

29. Hair, revisited. This is something I have no shame in admitting to being amazed that I wrote. Whatever that means.

30. The little girl inside..

31. My Opinions On Offspring (not the band). Also the first post to which Pops replied.

32. My Greatest Recipe Ever.

33. Coming of Age. It's a great thing.

I think this is all I can afford to post tonight, other than this:

1. This also had much to do with my life in 2004. Congradulations, college freaks with a website, you're now more famous than you were.

As I've been drinking since before I started this post, I think it's time to quit. Good night y'all. I hope you like my summary. Leave me comments, or leave me.. no comments. Whatever. Bastards.

4 comments:

Pops said...

You know this is late, right?

You know I've just gotten over the exhaustion from the Xmas-New Year crapfest of joviality, right?

So now re-hashing your whole last year, chock full of Moments and Big Deals and All Manner Of Important Stuff Happening has completely worn me out once again.

You know, let me tell you something little missy, some of us read these blog things because we're looking a place where we can--hey! Is that my name? Did you mention me?! Ooh! And it's all link-y!

Woo!

Best blog post ever.

Jay said...

Woo, what a year you've had!! Certainly worth writing about :)

Byagi said...

All in all, it seems like a pretty good year. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

Unknown said...

That is the coolest blog post I've read in a long time. (And that's saying something because I'm almost a nine month old pup)

The vet stories are really great and I'm so sad for the woman and the dog that had to die because he broke the dog's first commandment. I wish I could make humans understand how to choose a dog and how to train them to be socialized with all kinds of humans and other animals.

It's so true that we jump to judge - I'm working on that right now. Everytime I see someone in a strange hat, I don't trust them (now what's up with that anyway?)

Thanks for the great read!

Cal