Tuesday, January 25

Feeling Drowsy

I've been tired for aproximately 2 weeks now. Stupid lady going on vacation. Stupid me picking up her hours. Stupid working full-time. Stupid everything.

I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Good book, but it's a lot more depressing than the other 4. It's as if J.K. got to the point where she decided she wasn't just writing for ten-year-olds anymore, and took out the frivolous crap. Boo! I love the frivolous crap. If I want drama and sadness, I'll read a Stephen King, thank you.

Bruce and I went for a walk tonight. The air was bright and moist, and the sky was sort of.. crinkly. I'm not sure how to explain it. I'm not used to it being 60 degrees in January yet, but I think it will probably happen about the time I get ready to leave. I loved the walk, there's a great track a few blocks away from here. I need to work out, I feel like I've gained fifty pounds since I moved.

I miss a lot of things about Shawano. I miss Lisa most of all, but I also miss my animals and my parents. I miss my routine, and my old job. I miss being in charge. I miss recognizing the people around me when I was out in town. I miss a lot of stuff. I love it here, too, but it's Just Not Quite the Same, you know?

Maybe that's part of what's got me feeling sleepy lately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Shawano? That makes us practically neighbors. And that explains your sleepiness too. You are having the warm winter blues. Its much worse than the too much winter blues for you, I and others from this far north. You will come home someday and that will be one of the reasons you'll be glad you did.

Nothing like a good freeze to kick you in the butt and get you out into the snow to play and feel alive. I love winter and so does my family. My sidekick used to live in Cali and also in the tropics when he was younger. He always gets so much happier when it starts to snow.

And so do I. And that whole thing about being somewhere where people know who you are. And if you don't show up for a couple of days they say, "Hey, where's Cal, haven't seen him - better go see what he's up to" I love that.

Jay said...

Poor girl. But for the 60 degrees, I'd surely wake the hell up! :)
Get some rest.