Tuesday, November 21

Ok, I Lied

I do have a few things that I want to get off my chest.

Firstly, that yarn I posted this weekend, the stuff I was so proud to dye all on my own and felt so good about? Guess who ate it? Here's a hint: It wasn't me, and it wasn't Bruce. Yeah, I know. That's the same reaction I had, only there was more emotional investment on my part. Hint #2: There was crying.

Luckily, I still have the orange-flavored yarn intact. Apparently, blue-raspberry lemonade smells better if you're a freaking housepet. Joke was on them, 'cause I know firsthand that unsweetened koolaid tastes like sour chalkdust.

I knit up a baby hat for a lady from work. Well, not for the lady, but for her daughter. You know. I'm really fond of it and it's almost the cutest thing I ever did knit, but I can't get a picture of it because my freaking batteries are dead. Also, I can't afford new ones. At least not for a few days. I sort of want to send the hat out before then, though, because the hat looks tiny to me and while I'm pretty sure it will fit the baby at some point, I really don't know how fast babies grow or how small they are at what ages. It's been a long time (like, since I was five) since I've been around a baby. I don't exactly know babies.

My back has been hurting for almost two weeks now. Maybe more than that. I forget. It's been hurting since that night that Robby and I and Bruce all went out and Robby gave me a back massage at the bar. My old theory was that he stress-fractured me when he was doing his massage, but my new theory is that my muscles were so tense that they had been stopping my pinched nerves from hurting, and now that the muscles are looser all of my pinched nerve-ness is being felt. I don't know. It's the sort of theory that I have no knowlege to back up, but it sounds like it could be true, so I want to believe it. Maybe one of these days my vertebre will just pop back into place because of my fantastic posture and I'll feel good as new. In the meantime, I still have some extra-extra strength Tylenol left over from my toothache last month.

God, I wish I could sleep on my back, because I think that would take care of some of the problem.

I'm also thinking about what sort of curtains I want to make for our new house. The blinds we have in the kitchen and living rooms are terrible - half of them are broken and all of them are gross and dusty - and I love a good curtain, because I like to have full access to the sunlight when it's bright and cheerful outside. I don't have any sewing skills, though, so I want them to be as easy as possible. I made up an easy design that I want to show you.

No comments: