- I woke up this morning and went to the evil store in my red hat. When I got there, I caught sight of myself in a mirror and realized that either that really cool girl who told me it was cute was lying, or I've become un-cute enough to make it ugly. Either option is sad.
- I woke up to Bruce telling me that it was 8:00. I had a minute of disappointment at having to get up before I realized that I didn't have to work today. Having a day off feels nice. So does being woken up and then realizing you can sleep as long as you want.
- I finished "Little Altars Everywhere" and while it's not as good as "Divine Secrets", it was ok. I love finishing a book, though. So that's cool.
- I braved the video store early this afternoon. Although you'd think that the traffic would be calmer on a Tuesday afternoon than on a Friday evening, this is not so. Even though the amount of employees there is the same. I can't figure out if it's all the questions/reminders they're required to ask/tell us, or if it's just their level of gross incompetence when it comes to quickly servicing their consumers, but fuck they're slow. Seriously.
- I watched "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood", and it made me cry. But you should definitely read the book, there's more to the story and the characters are a lot more complex.
So, tell me about your day!
And here's a few pictures of that dishcloth you were all DYING to see. (You can't fool me, I know nothing excites you more than a dishcloth!)
If any of you knitters are wondering, I just did a really simple repeat, which went something like this:
Cast on 36 stitches
Rows 1&2: k2, p2, repeat to end
Rows 3&4: p2, k2, repeat to end
I contemplated slipping the first stitch of every row, but then I forgot that I contemplated that and then just didn't do it. I knit until I felt like it was almost square and the yellow bits were approximately even on either end. It turned out pretty well. It's kind of pretty. What more do you want from a dishcloth?