Friday, November 4

Day From Hell: Part 266

(It would be part 666, but it's not worth that much.)

Surprisingly, I didn't kill myself at work yesterday. I also didn't walk out. Please observe a moment of silence in the face of my stoicism.

Somebody Special was having a rough day. Not only was she creating three times as much work for herself (this is her way, we don't mess with her way.. ohhhmm), it was actually a pretty busy day.

I was a few split seconds away from praying at a few key moments, and we all know how laughable that is - I spent my first eight years of school at Sacred Heart praying. I've used up my praying hours. God is just plain sick of my voice.

It got worse.

It got much, much worse.

Somebody Special's way of dealing with stressfull situations is to.. well, basically to work herself into a tizzy and then create a little more work for herself, and eventually (I have no idea how it happens) get it done. With lots of time in between, but it does in fact get done. Most of the time.

This Tizzy I speak of? She was in the Mother of All Tizzies yesterday. And she almost gave herself a stroke. I'm not kidding in the slightest. Her left leg went numb due to stress. I overheard her joking with a customer, talking about her leg. They told her she'd better get it looked at, and she said she had already - the doctor told her the only thing to do was to quit work.

Which was pretty much the highlight of my day.

(We hope she's leaving soon, but we don't know for sure. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.)

3 comments:

Jess said...

I think everyone enjoys those days from hell sometimes. Well, not enjoys, but you know...suffers.

Brown said...

I actually don't even know what to say. I just wanted to say YOU ROCK.

Jess said...

I so so so so so so so so wish I would have been in St. Louis today. You have no idea how much...