Wednesday, January 4

Hey, I Know Them!


"Trio 'Home' for more than holidays By Nathan Falk, Leader Reporter

Three Shawano area friends are living their dream in Denver — composing and performing their own music.

The trio of Matt Robertson, Zach Mace and Jeff Prah make up a band called ‘Home,’ and all three recently were back home in Shawano to share their music.

“I get to do what I love with my best friends everyday,” said Mace.

The band played on Dec. 22 at The Downtowner, Dec. 23 at The Sandbar, and Dec. 26 at Luigi’s.
Prah, a 1998 SCHS graduate, is a vocalist, performs spoken word poetry, and contributes to the lyrics. Robertson, a 1999 SCHS graduate, is a vocalist and plays cello, guitar, and mandolin. Mace, a 2000 graduate of Lourdes Academy in Oshkosh, plays solo acoustic guitar, mandolin, banjo and is also a vocalist. Mace’s family moved to Shawano just after he graduated from high school.

“Matt and I met when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore at UW-Stevens Point. I was going to school for musical theatre and he was going for cello,” said Mace. “We kept running into each other, and we’d play music every night in the dorms together. We were in separate bands at the time, and didn’t get to play together all that often. I moved to Denver and I’ve been begging these guys to come out for the longest time, and got Matt and Jeff to move out here a couple months ago.”

No comments: