Sunday, December 25

Hard Times

It's the name of my favorite coffee shop in Minneapolis.

Some of my friends are passing through Hard Times right now. I wish I meant my favorite coffee shop, which though not for the faint of heart by any means, is a butterfly landing softly on a daisy on the mildest of mild spring days, with fresh air all around and dew still on it's petals. It's puppy dogs and kitty cats and sugar and spice - as you can see, I'm being facetious. It's not Starbucks, people. But what I'm saying here is that it's a great alternative to the pain my friends are facing.

I wish them the best in life.

I can't tell you how strong and brave they are being, because it's impossible to articulate. They have so much to give the world, and I hope neither one of them loses their humor, their strength, or their kind-hearted nature in the struggles ahead. I wish them a smooth transition. (As smooth as transitions ever can be.) I wish them well.

I ask you all to wish them well.

1 comment:

Jess said...

You're wonderful.

Thank you so much. It's the support I get from the people around me that help make me strong.

And I'm sure it's the same for him.