Monday, December 19

We Welcome a New Baby!

Here's a shot of his diapers...



Here's a close-up of his sweet little face...



I'm so excited! And yet, on the other hand, it's occuring to me that this might be Bruce's way of getting me a vaccum for Christmas without actually getting me a vaccum for Christmas, if you know what I mean.

We have a system in which I tell him what not to do, and he avoids doing those things. (Yeah, you think that sounds bad, but really it's much more reasonable - and nicer - than telling him what to do.) I feel like less of a Mean Mommy when I just warn him against doing things like buying me household cleaning supplies for presents. I'm just not that into cleaning, dude. I've no doubt that some of you are tickled pink to get an iron for your birthday, and more power to you. But I know myself pretty well, and I know that no matter how much I wanted that iron, all I would think after gleefully tearing off the wrapping paper is, "Jesus Gay, he doesn't think I iron enough." Which may or may not be true - but I don't want to even think about the possibility of an implication that I might not do enough ironing on my birthday. You know?

So I told Bruce a few weeks ago that although we've been wanting/needing a vaccum for.. well, as long as I've lived here, at least.. not to get me one for Christmas. He emailed me today and mentioned that we have enough money in the bank to get one, and asked if I would mind picking one up. "Sure," says naive little me. "Great idea!"

Last night we were laying in bed and I asked him if he had bought my present yet. I told him I wanted to know because if I check the bank account, I don't want to see the name of the store he went to giving it away. He told me he thought he'd found a way around that, and that I would have to wait and see what he meant.

And today he sends me to the store for the vaccum. Coincidence? Let's hope so. For his sake.

And, because I know you're just dying to see it, here's the cutest little baby you ever did see...



Isn't he pweshus? I thought so too.

3 comments:

Jess said...

He's ADORABLE.

I'm still using the vacuum I was using in college which was my parents' vacuum after it was my grandparents' vacuum.

And let's hope B isn't getting you any cleaning supplies for Christmas. I watched my mom get a vacuum one year. While she was super excited about it (bless her heart), all I could think was "man, I'd hate to get that as a gift."

susan said...

That is a pretty darn nice implement of cat torture...er...I mean vacuum.

Nobody said...

OMG... I need a new vacuum SO bad. Ever since hubby sucked up Parmesean cheese oin the kitchen... it smells like ASSSSSS.