Tuesday, December 27

Merry Christmas, Self!

I had a feeling it might be in bad taste to post the fantastic bits of yarn I purchased for myself right around Christmas, but I think right about now, everyone is reeling with the after-holiday blues. You all might just need a pick-me-up.

It occurs to me that unless you're a big fan of yarn, you might not be as picked up by this as I am, but to hell with it. It's my blog, damnit.



Look at that. Doesn't it just make your heart hurt? (Or maybe that's just all the coffee..)



And look! It has a friend! How lovely and lacy and pink she is!

Uh-oh. Looks like somebody got a little too friendly, doesn't it?



They make a fine little family, don't they? I think so.



That's just one for the road, people. Isn't it beautiful?

8 comments:

LostNotFound1980 said...

Ahhh, yarn :-) The breakfast of champions... Wait a minute....

Nads said...

I am good friends with LNF and I am always seeing your comments on other blogs of my friends, and so I decided to look at your blog. I am a total yarn lover!! I love knitting. I made the booties on LNF's blog.

Good yarn picks and if you need any help finding more or just some good ideas I am totally here!!

Jess said...

Yarn. It's lovely. I totally dig.

sunny said...

LNF: Some people do call it "fiber". Hmmm...

NADS: I've seen you comment on the blogs I read - I'm glad you came over for a visit! And I'm doubly glad that you're a knitter! I have so much knitting that's just festering away inside. I've been afraid of posting about it too much and driving away my friends. :)

Jess: If you love the yarn, you're only a hop skip and a jump away from a wonderful obsession with knitting and crochet.

Sunny said...

I love the colors. It makes me want to just start knitting with it. I knit but really suck at it. My little sister and I tried really hard to pearl the other day. I thought I had it. NOPE since it still looked like knitting. I tried it with many different types of yarn. It didn't happen. Oh well...

Sorry for the side note. I LOVE the colors!

Lisa said...

The yarn is beautiful. I tried to look at some for myself today while we shopped for toilet paper, but Todd didn't want to. Lucky you.
Merry Christmas, Sarah's self.

sunny said...

Sunny! Nice to see you stopping by. If you would like, I could do a picture run-through of how I do a purl stitch.. if you think that would help?

If I don't watch it, this blog will be all-knitting-all-the-time. But see if I care! Ha!

Sunny said...

Oh Sunny could you do that for me? I have been so frustrated with not being able to purl. I am not stupid. HA!

I will keep checking in!