Monday, February 6

Doom! Dooooom!!!

So, last night I typed up a no doubt very heartwarming post. I remember gushing on and on about how much I love B, and Lisa, and everyone. I remember this all vaguely, I should say, because I also vaguely remember the bottle of wine that I had. Anyway, I hit the "back" button like a retard, and it went "Poof!" I'm a little sad to lose it - I don't remember what it was about. Except that I loved everyone. So keep that in mind, will you? I love you.

We had a fantastic night last night, my Bruce and I. Sometimes you just need to sit around and watch a whole season of a TV series with the ones you love, am I right?



I have been taking 2 generic Aleve in the morning, and two at night before bed. This is working out great for my bones, there's still an ache but it's not unbearable like it was a few days ago. S, my boss, has a friend with RA. She's spent a lot of time going over treatment options with this friend, and I know she knows her stuff. This is a pretty good option for me, as I don't have any insurance and am unlikely to be able to afford any any time soon.

This plan was going swimmingly until about 4:30 this morning, when I woke up with horrible stomach cramps and rushed to the bathroom, only to figure out that I couldn't poop. This is not a normal problem for me. If there's one thing that's always been steadfast in my life, it's my ability to poop. Not so for this morning. I spent four hours trying to sleep in between terrible stomach-cramping-rushes to the bathroom in hopes to be "productive". I fantasized about which products I could buy at the drugstore when it was safe to leave the house. I worried about telling the pharmacist at Walgreens that I couldn't poop because of generic Aleve. I made up a product in my head (Poopinex, from the makers of Mucinex, of course) that would take away my sorrows. There is no such product. I looked for it.

Of course, on the way to the drugstore, it became terribly apparent that I wasn't in the market for something to make me poop anymore. Oh no! My illness had overcompensated for itself, and now I had the 'rea. Yes, it's been fun in this house today.



Chicken soup and baking does a body good. And luckily Walgreen's generic Pepto Bismol lives up to it's name. "Soothe".



Does anyone else remember that commercial from a few years ago with the people all dancing around and singing, "Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea! Yay, Pepto Bismol!" No? Only me?



I shouldn't say that. I'm sure Lisa remembers too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn! I hope you feel better soon! My two anklebiters decided to come down with some sort of bug tonight, so I'm in Vick hell right now. The good news is I'm sure I'll be up all night checking on them, so I'm bound to get some knitting done so i can update that damn blog.
Feel better!
~k~