Monday, December 27

Jiggity Jig

Home again, and I never thought it'd be this great.

The trip was fantastic. Bruce got the chance to meet a lot more of his new family, and they all got along great. Seeing him and my brother joking around and talking and getting on as well as they did really made me happy. I'm a pig in shit, really. I knew in my heart they'd click, I only needed them to meet to prove it.

He got to meet Jamie, Cindy, Aunt Cal, and Uncle Harv at the farm, and then Debbie and Tom at Perkins (their treat!) on the day after Christmas. It's really funny how they try so hard to be presentable, but inevitably fail--to my great relief--by saying something like, "Man, I'd love to be a mouse on that wall!", and leaving everyone in stitches. I love my family so much.

Mom and Dad were exstatic to have us home for the holiday. They had all of their kids all to themselves, and you could see their eyes just shining. They both met us at the Schoolhouse to watch the Packer game (amazing game!) - it was the first time I've seen Dad at a bar in years.

I guess that's all I have for right now, but I'm sure the stories will be flowing in the next few days.

No comments: