Monday, December 6

Pre-Employment Test

Aren't they fun? They can be a real ego-boost, I swear. Answering questions like the ones I did this morning is really a testiment to how far I've come since fifth grade. I've learned a lot about social structure and acceptable behavior, honestly. Also, I know which questions to never ever tell the truth on. Here's an example of the "test" that I took:

Please choose the option which you feel best explains your agreement to the following statements. 1 = Strongly Disagree, 2 = Disagree, 3 = Don't Know/Indifferent, 4 = Agree, 5 = Strongly Agree. Check the corresponding box on the worksheet provided. Do not mark the questionaire!
  1. I feel frustrated when things don't go according to my plans.
  2. I get emotional in stressful situations.
  3. I work well in a team.
  4. I love helping people.
  5. I am a natural leader.
  6. I torture small animals for pleasure.

This is actually sort of fun, if you don't spend too much time thinking about the questions. I tend to get caught up in simple things like linguistics. One other problem I have with these is a general trepidation over not knowing exactly how they read the answers. For example, I can theorize that in a certain light, answering that I Strongly do anything sort of makes me look like a jackass.

On the other hand, if I don't Strongly feel any answers, am I a complete pussy?

Perhaps I'm looking too closely into this. After all, we've all seen the sort of people who work at Kmart, haven't we? Frankly, I'm surprised some of my future co-workers know how to read. No, no, you're right, that's unfair. I'm surprised that some of my future co-workers understand the english language. That's much more accurate.

Actually, I'm thinking that I did ok. I think the main purpose of those tests is to confirm that I'm not a serial killer. I've only got slight mass-murderer tendancies, and I think they let teensy issues like that pass.

[I wrote this originally at 1:30 pm, and it got ate up by blogger. Please bear in mind that that post was infinitely more thoughtful and humorous. Thought I'd let you know that when I called back to talk to HR Bonnie, she said, "Oh, Sarah, you know what? I think I'm just going to go ahead and hire you.. is Wednesday too soon? You can fill out the paperwork then." (does little happy dance) So you know what that means? I get to be a pharmacy technician again! You know what else that means? Endless more posts about the job of a pharmacy technician! Yay!

Ok, you're right. But I have a job! Yay!]


1 comment:

Byagi said...

Wooooooooooooooooooooo! Congratulations! I knew you would get something soon. As soon as people meet you, they can't help but like you - even if you've got slight mass-murderer tendencies. ;)