Wednesday, October 20

Answers to What Sunny Imagines Are the Questions Behind Lighting Round on SJ's Blog

1. My fiance is 7.5 months older than I am.
2. I have random memories of "The Dukes of Hazzard" playing on TV when I was really little. Mostly people jumping into cars through the windows.
3. Did they really jump into cars, or was that a dream I had one time?
4. My dog would/could/has tried to eat his weight in more things than I can name. None of which is dog food.
5. I had braces after the age when it stopped being cool to have braces, but my teeth are still crooked. Mostly because after I paid enormous sums of money to get my retainer replaced after I threw it into the garbage in the dorm cafeteria, I couldn't bring myself to tell my parents I'd done it again.
6. I'm missing 4.5 of my origional teeth. Two they pulled before my braces, because they had grown no "grown up teeth" underneath by the time I was 16. Two they pulled to "keep my mouth even" after pulling the first two. They pulled all four at the same time. Yipee for Tylenol 3. The 1/2 broke off sometime last year. Gross, I know.
7. Nobody seems to care if I go to church. If they ask, and I tell them I don't, they tend to get envious looks on their faces.
8. I tried to vote in 2000, for Ralph Nader. They wouldn't let me. I think I also voted for prom king, but I can't remember if it was for a real cantidate, or for Kermit the Frog.
9. 36C. Haven't heard many complaints.
10. I wear one earring in the second hole in my left ear. It's there because I forget it's there. When I wear other earings, they feel strange for a little while, tend to itch, and I take them out before I leave the house.
11. My 1/2 brother-in-law is ex-millitary and a hypochondriac. He probably won't be related to me much longer, so he barely counts anyway.
12. My dog Jack lived to be 7. He could escape, but this is his best story: One night, my dad got home from work, and noticed him missing from his 10ft tall pen. Dad went in search of the neighborhood, giving up about an hour later. He came back to the house to find Jack in his pen, having snuck back in so as to not get in trouble.
13. I don't have any kids.
14. I convinced my grandma that Bush is the devil.
15. I lied on the previous question, and can't answer this one.
16. I convinced the grocery store girl that my name is Samuel Meidinger, simply by looking her in the eye.
17. I can stand on the very tips of my toes. I can also bend the first knuckles of the eight non-thumb fingers on my hands at the same time, without bending any of the other knuckles. I can also eat cheese all day long with no ill effects.
18. I beat the "master of Trivial Pursuit" once. Well, I would have, had I not been distracted into leaving the game by a prospect of sex. But I was 3 plastic triangles ahead.
19. I can touch my right hand to my left behind my back, if my right hand is going over my right shoulder. Vice versa is impossible in my body.
20. I own a string of pearls (fake, maybe) from when I was 5 and was flower girl in a wedding. I don't typically vacuum.
21. My favorite song is "For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her", by Simon and Garfunkel.
22. I've never seen "Casablanca", and I don't really want to.


(Imagined questions provided by SJ)

1 comment:

SJ said...

Ah, Sunny. That 'twas a great read. I especially liked your dog Jack story. Hilarious. And #18. LOLOL Yes, the prospect of sex USED to draw me away from trivia. Now I just want to win. Again.