Friday, October 22

Fox News

I want to give a shout-out to all the bloggers out there. Well, all the good bloggers out there. The ones who's blogs I read.

Anyway. The other day, I was at work. I was getting into a political debate with our pharmacist. Chuck is only there a few times a month, but still I was worried. I know he's a Bushee, and I don't like to get into something that I couldn't sound intelligent arguing about. This creates a lot of road-blocks in my life, as I'm sure you already suspect. Let's just say, I don't argue a whole lot.

I succumbed, however, and told him the truth. I think Bush is the devil. We argued back and forth a lot, about the war and the national debt. We talked about the tax cut. He seems to think it's reason enough to vote for Bush again. I disagree. The president has to do more than send me a check to get me to vote for him. I can see how he might be confused about this, but it's just not the way I work. And for the record, I didn't get a fucking refund. Bastard.

Here's how the end of the conversation went:

Chuck: "Policies, policies, taxes, war.. boo sadam, WAR, money money money money, I'm fucking rich, blah blah blah blah, environment."

Me: "Biting retort about the environment!!!"

Chuck: (taken aback)"Woah, simmer. You know what your problem is? You watch too much CNN."

Me: (Hair bursts into flames, turning incredulously to look at him, glaring)"As opposed to Fox News?"

Yeah, that's right. I owe it all to you people. I don't watch the freaking news. The news makes me want to cry. Had it not been for the fine thoughts I read, I wouldn't have even known about Fox News. That's how freaking network-clueless I am.

I did of course explain that to him. I told him that I don't watch the freaking news. I hate that the media doesn't know what they're talking about from one time to the next (I hate that that little girl didn't actually get bitten by the bat, that she got scratched). I hate that, because people can't get the story straight, I have no idea what's actually going on half the time. But just because I don't watch the news, doesn't mean I'm unaware.

Thanks.

5 comments:

SJ said...

but it wasn't a real anything (the tax 'credit'). We got a check for $800 because we have 2 kids. Then when tax time came, that $800 was deducted from anything we could have ALREADY claimed. It was like a cash advance against money we already had. If you are confused, don't worry. It was a smoke and mirrors trick. It was just a way for Bush to be able to say he'd 'sent people money.' It was complete BULL. SHIT.

And Sunny, you are informed. Way to be. :)

jennifer said...

the media is nothing but horse shit. you can't believe a word they say. it's frustrating as hell...i feel your pain.

and you tell them girl! you're more then informed. :)

shara said...

Well Sunny, if you think Bush is evil (and hey - I'm not going to argue) then you should see this.

http://batfacedgirl.blogspot.com/2004/10/someone-had-too-much-time-on-his-hands.html

Anonymous said...

lets just talk about how people getting paid to vote. for any person out there that hasn't heard about florida lately we were hit by two hurricanes recently. they were three weeks apart and only two miles away from each other.

FEMA (of course i've never heard of it till now) is federal and our taxes go into it. well, they come to places that have had disasters and give loans to people in need of repairs. the people in the county that got hit the worse was given 19 million dollars to take care of getting roofs and repairing as much as they could on their houses..........broward county very south of the area and the weather channel described the area of having only a thunderstorm received over 21 million dollar.

now that i've started working for the government and i've become more cynical and realize the people that received this money are minorities. rumors have it the people used hoses to get water in their houses and now have new furniture and new big screen t.v.’s. while the people in port st. lucie county have been informed it may take up too two years before the roofs are repaired.

the only comment FEMA has said is that "people in broward responded sooner". of course most people that were actually hit had no power or phone for over two weeks.

gotta love the bush's, they will find anyway they can to get votes in florida. (SLIME)

this is probably the most i’ve written in everyones blog together…and i don’t consider myself very political.

-nick

Byagi said...

Who needs the news? You've got all these really informative blogs to keep you up to date, and of course, everyone in the blog world is honest and adds no spin to anything political they post. Sure.

Seriously though, I get most of my information online from many different sources, and you still have to try to cut through the crap to figure out what is honest and true and what is opinion and false. Being a voter isn't an easy job. The good thing (and maybe bad) is there are so many sources for you to choose from, that you can try to make the best decision for you using all the information you can find. Still, I don't believe most of what I read or see, regardless of the medium.