Tuesday, October 12

Fahrenheit 9/11

Just in case y'all didn't know how incredibly necessary it is to see this film, just so you know the full extent of evil we're up against, I suggest you rent it today. Hell, if you're broke, I suggest you steal it. It's that freaking important.

Personally, I was a little afraid to see it. I knew it would turn my perceptions around [that's wrong. I knew that it would tell me that my perceptions were reality, probably worse than I had ever imagined]. I was right. It's pure. It's black-and-white(figuratively speaking)-in-your-face-this-is-why-you-should-care-even-more.

I have the utmost respect for the soldiers giving their lives every day. I feel for them, and I know that what they're doing is (in their minds, at least - in order that they remain sane) for the right cause. However, I do not believe in murder. I do not believe in fighting for no good reason. I do not believe in vindictive rage. I do not believe in war, in general. I most certainly don't believe in war as a distraction. No one should ever be allowed to abuse their power, and the faith that people have in that power. For isn't that all that it is?

No matter how sick the current administration makes me feel, I always feel blessed. I am a person - unlike many unfortunate souls in this nation - who does not follow blindly into the night. I question the things around me, and the motivations behind. Because I am one of those people, one of those insightful people, I feel a moral obligation to share (at least through this blog) the importance seeing this movie.

I saw it months ago, and it forever changed me. No one should go into an election booth without having seen it. I will forever stand by that.

4 comments:

Byagi said...

I've got bowling for columbine and it's honestly a great film. Difficult to watch, but a great film. I can imagine from everything I've heard that this one is great as well. It's saying a lot if you believe that this could sway the way you vote. I'll have to see it with my new famly video card this weekend.

SJ said...

I agree that it is necessary for everyone to see this film--ESPECIALLY those claiming to still be "undecided." It's about being informed. On the DVD, I watched the extra features and one had the black soldier (the one who said he 'would not go back and kill poor people any longer') speaking to the movie premiere audience and saying "Y'all, get involved in politics. Because it rules your life." That's why you should see this film and know what is being done to rule your life and the lives of others by a group of white men.

Byagi said...

It's scary when you put it that way, and it makes it sound that much more important. It's hard to believe a film could sway people like that. I'll see it this weekend.

HappyFunBall said...

Yes, this is off topic, but there's nowhere to e-mail you, and I just wanted to say that I've added this to my blog list, and that the link for mine is apparently broken. And that I'm crushed, and wounded, beyond belief.