Tuesday, October 12

Receptions

[And the fiancee makes a surprise appearance! Yay for me, yay for me not being incredibly lazy. Truth be told, I'm so glad I've got such an amazing.. Bruce.. to do some of this. But this, this I really feel I have to post.]

We're going to have two receptions. Bruce is going to be the major planner for the one in St. Louis, and I am in charge (mostly) of the one up here in Wisconsin. We're going to do it at the Schoolhouse, because that's the best place for miles around.

Lucky for me, someone close to my family was recently married, and had her reception at the same place. I saw her this weekend, and she was able to give me some priceless advice regarding food, costs, and decorations. Possibly more importantly, she offered up any help that she could, to make sure things go the way we both want them to.

Some of the vital information I recieved? She wrote it down on one of those "Guest Check" sheets that you find at the bar. It reads:

"Sharon
(home phone number)
Cell
(another phone number)

1 pig 500
2 pig 800
veggies 150

To me, the pig idea seems better and better every day.

I wanted to make this very clear: Everyone is invited to both receptions. If you can make it, please know that you're welcome. Same for the wedding itself, actually. If any of you are ever interested in more details regarding the time and/or place of the event(s), please email us and let us know. If you've got any tips/hints/tricks for cost-efficent celebrations, feel free to share those, as well.

I'm off to register for some more stuff, but I thought I'd post something so that you didn't think I was getting cold feet. Rest assured, my feet are toasty warm. :)

No comments: