Thursday, October 28

I'm Voting, So Stop Calling Me

To whom it may concern:

Yes, I plan on voting in this year's upcoming election. Yes, I am aware that it will be taking place on November 2nd. Yes, I'm aware that that is a Tuesday. Yes, I know where to go. Do I get a lollipop if I show up?

Seriously, folks, I'm 24 years old. Even if I were unsure how to vote, I'd still make it. I promise. After all, I've been watching MTV since I was 14. Believe me, after a few years, that "Vote or Else" campaign really begins to sink in. You all can thank late night Beavis and Butthead for that.


Amy? Julia? Anyway, I'm registered. Posted by Hello

Yeah, that's right. Thank heaven for this poor gal, wading through the tailgaters in search of non-voters. Thank you, Amy/Julia, for providing me with an extremely easy sign-up. I'll be at the polls, you betcha. Thank my brother, too, for being so incredibly infatuated with politics.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go against myself this election. I know that I said in the past that I wanted to vote for Nader, but I'm not sure if that's the best thing for this country right now. It breaks my heart. I wanted to lie to myself and say that's who I had voted for, but I changed my mind. Am I getting old? I always associated the loss of self-induced arrogance with maturity. I don't want to be mature. Fuck, last election, they wouldn't let me vote. What better time to live out my youth than right now, at this election? Alas, I can't. I've seen Farenheit 9/11 too many times, now. I've also read compelling evidence that Bush is indeed the Anti-Christ. Neither of which may be the perfect argument, if I had not also seen The Omen a few days ago.

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going, and I'm pretty freaking tired, so I'll leave you with this: The Greatest Knitting Project Ever.

2 comments:

Byagi said...

Bush's links to the Omen are enough to make anyone vote for Kerry.

I know how set you were on voting for the candidate you believed in, are you sure you want to change your mind and go the other way? I remember that a few weeks ago, you blogged about this and how you wanted to vote for someone that you really thought would be good for this country, even if he had no real chance of winning. If you're being swayed because someone else says "this is how you need to vote", you should think about it more. I have a feeling that this is something you've been thinking about for a while, though.

Pops said...

See Sunny, that's the beauty of the secret ballot is that you can vote for whomever you want. If you're worried about people bugging you about it afterward, just lie. Find out who they voted for and say you voted for the same person. It's not like they can check. Vote for Nader. Go on. You know you want to.