Friday, August 6

Hair

Sitting spread-eagle on the (wobbly) toilet-seat-lid isn't my idea of a good time. Holding that position for the "as few as 3!!!" minutes it claims to take is complete torture. Holding it for the "no more than 10!!!" is even worse. there are times when i just want to build myself a time machine and go back to the days before the height of fashion was looking like a 12 year old girl.. in all stages of dress.

it's embarassing the lengths we believe that we're "supposed" to go to, the idea of ourselves that we're led to believe is the norm. i never ever want to see that shock on a guy's face again, when he learns out that somethings.. he's been misled about.

it's that look that makes you almost want to take hold of that little boy inside him's hand, look him in the eyes, and talk in that soothing voice (you know the one, girls!), "i know this isn't what the guidebook you learned with told you, but some girls grow hair in more than one spot on their body...

it's a shame that they've almost got to love you unconditionally for that to be an ok thing, for it to be admissable. still, a little part of me wants to give them that, at least the first few times.. that illusion of perfection they've been believing in since they first knew what it meant to wake up in a puddle for that other reason. still, i've been honest so far, and it's all been good. perhaps i should do that sit-down talk, tonight. it'll be interesting to see his reaction(s).

Guys! Post what you think about this! I have a feeling you'll say stuff that will make all us girls feel.. if not good exactly.. at least more at ease.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Erm.. Girls, please post too.. if nothing else.. to make me feel more at ease.. lol

Anonymous said...

Can't you remember the first time you realized that being a girl entailed more than just shaving your legs to meet society's expectations? Oh, the horror! I think the European women have it figured out. They refuse, in many countries, to move into the modern era of 12-year-old dress. Instead, they're proud be hairy.

For some reason, I don't think we'll ever be the progressive. Or, um, maybe regressive? But I understand the plight, and I sympathize because I am a part of that plight. I'm sure all women understand. At least I hope so....

:) Jess

Byagi said...

I'm sure everyone has their personal preference. I'll post more about this when I'm not at work.