jesus pete! i walked around there all stupified and hangover-y for 20 minutes, when all i had to do was go to richard and ask him where stuff was. eventually figured it out. v. helpful, having enthusiastic tour-guide at the grocery store. here is a list of what i bought, a good list of my favorite foods, too, i noticed. somehow, i buy the best stuff when i'm hungover. it's really great, because now i have this shit on hand, later. right now, there's no way i can eat all of it - dunno what i was thinking, so random, lol. shopping for one thing, and ending up with a week's worth of food. hangover grocery shopping rocks.
oh yeah, the list of what i got:
- hollandaise sauce packet (2) (knorr brand, the mccormick stuff sorta sucks, knorr is much better)
- country gravy with sausage (shit, forgot to get any biscuits... wonder if it's good on english muffins? i bet it is!)
- hormel chilli (turkey, no beans) (richard told me where to find it)
- jacks pepperoni pizza (2) (because it says in my calorie book that the pepperoni has less than just straight-up cheese, and i figure that if i get the pepperoni, and take off the pepperonis, it'll be even less.. my theory is that when it's only cheese, they load it on, but when there's a topping, they skimp out a little bit, thus the fewer calories.. why pepperoni? well, because it's easiest to pick off, pre-oven, of course!)
- 2 liter diet dr pepper (free with purchase of two pizzas, which is why i got two pizzas)
- canadian bacon (upon recommendation from richard, got the larger package of more genuine-looking canadian bacon, for less money. rock!)
- vermicelli (skinniest spaghetti, because the thicker the noodles, the more they remind me of worms)
- eggs (12, jumbo) (because it's most likely of all sizes of eggs that the jumbo ones have double yolks, and it's nifty-cool to crack an egg, and know that it could have been twin chickens :D)
the hormel chilli goes on the noodles. my dad called it "Chilli Con Carne" when he made it up, when i was 8. still one of my brother and i's favorite comfort foods.
the hollandaise goes on the eggs, goes on the canadian bacon, goes on the english muffins (that i had at home already, and actually remembered - i'm the best!), goes on the plate. mmm, eggs benedict (i'm watching The Prince & Me, and they keep taunting me with them, so i went to the store. now that i'm home, i'm cooking a pizza - muchos easier on hangover head, than preparing eggs benedict).
and the aforementioned gravy will go on the aforementioned english muffins. make-shift muffins and gravy.
what are your favorite comfort foods?