Tuesday, August 17

OH!

almost forgot.. on the ride home, another song that played was one that i always thought said, "Groovin'", but lisa informed me it was "Cruisin'". i thought it said groovin', because i further thought that it said "groovin' and makin' love". totally not the lyrics. (yes, bruce, we were listening to the breeze.. hence all the songs that the rest of the world forgot, lmao.) because "cruisin' and makin' love" sounds too dangerous to be put into a song, and it makes me think of crashing, and i didn't think that's what the song was about.

lisa worked with someone named troy, once, and the song played on their radio network. he thought the lyrics said, "Lookin' for a one night stand", and gave a really long explanation of why it didn't seem to make sense, before anyone told him that it's actually, "This is not a one night stand." fucking funny.

god, i'm so vulgar.

didn't know gwenyth (i totally can't spell her name. don't be so "origional", gwenyth. sheesh) could sing.. glad, though, that she didn't try to overstep her boundaries. that makes me angry, sometimes. prime example? J-lo. she totally pisses me off.

sam: one day, he was TOTALLY drunk (go figure, right?), and he broke "The Cell" dvd he'd just purchased in half, because he was so angry with her "my love don't cost a thing" video.. after just seeing it. his rage, although somewhat warranted, and reflected by me, was frightening. i'm not that angry with her. i just don't like her, because i think she's a flighty bitch. (sorry to any J-lo fans.)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The breeze - what a fine, fine station. One of those you almost dont want to admit to listening to or knowing any of the songs on.

Then you realize you're not the only one that remembers the songs.

b

Jess said...

I have to take this opportunity to say that I like J-Lo as an actress (somewhat--as much as you can like someone who doesn't make really fine films) but detest her as a singer. Please, please, please don't pretend to have a voice when you really don't have one. I sing in the car, but that doesn't mean I'm going to try to sign with a record label.

Another reason she irked me? My friends in college took to calling me J-Lo (because it works with my name too, dammit), and I've never gotten past that nickname. I even have a quilt that someone made for me where if you look closely enough you notice that the blocks spell out J-LO. Cracks me up.