Monday, August 16

Things i need to get/do/buy that will cost money.

i need to put these in a good order of importance, can you all help me out?

  • pay my dad for the car that i've got, that i can't use yet, because i haven't paid for it yet. get it registered in my name, work things out so i have more reliable transportation. ~$700
  • get a woman doctor. not a female physician. you get it.
  • pay all my (loads) of bills, on time, and get things taken care of. hard, so hard to do. harder still, when you're like me, and you tend to put them behind the other stuff on the desk, because it makes you frustrated and want to cry. forgetting is not the most effective way to deal with debt.
  • digital camera, want to show you more things, that's most cost-efficient in the long run.
  • get my own phone line, and a phone that's speaker-equipped. for my bedroom. like i had when i was 16, i need it again. love it.
  • pay the sprint bill ($700 dollars worth of minutes in a month?!?)
  • get goose with golden egg capability. thought: maybe money-growing-tree would be more efficient, long-termily. though, harder to hide a tree than a goose. money-growing-houseplant?

3 comments:

Byagi said...

Hrmmmmmm.....importance, eh?

Here goes.

For purely selfish reasons, I would say do the phone thing first, but I'm going to look past that. I think the car would be the first one I would recommend. Of course, this is a big one, so maybe you should only do this in installments. I think if you do a little bit of each of these things that require you to pay money in installments, you'll feel better. You'll also feel better once all that is taken care of. Once I got my car in my name, I felt great about it. Even if it is going to die.

Bills. Not fun. Never. If you pay them without emotion, as I do, it seems to be easier. Maybe that only works for me. Just do it little by little. If you do that and try to keep up on it, it will get taken care of. It really can get taken care of. I used to not pay my bills because I was broke all the time. Now, I think I pay more of my bills on time, and when I dont, its more because I'm lazy than broke. It's a vicious circle. It seems to get easier after a while, though.

Sprint bill. Only after you find out for sure if that is right. That is a GIGANTIC bill. Let's find more about that. Still seems strange. Bastards.

Woman doctor. Always good.

Phone line would be cool. Probably cheaper than Sprint. You can get specific deals that will allow you to have long distance for certain areas and people ;) and that might be the way you would want to go.

Camera. There are some good ones out there. I got mine on sale for like $175 or something. Be warned, the memory card that comes with it holds 16 photos, so you'll feel fucked. I bought another one that held 65. $50 sweet dollars extra.

Golden goose. Definitely.

Sunny said...

unfortunately, the sprint bill is correct. i know, i know. but it is.

*deep breath*

we'll work on fixing it, as much as we can. but it's going to be very hard on us all.

mom (unlike myself) doesn't believe in the theory that if you send them a little bit of money, they'll keep you around. me, having worked as an amateur debt-collecter (as a receptionist in charge of the books, at the vet clinic), i sort of think that as long as you're putting in an effort, and making a dent in the debt, they won't cut you off, and send you to collections. they won't get all their money, that way, and it's not the best way to handle things.

just how i feel.. any one else with ideas?

Byagi said...

Really and truly? Damn. I'm sorry. That's a lot, and I feel bad about it. You're right about the people taking partial payments for those kind of things, but your Mom is also right about getting it taken care of quick. When we talk again (via phone or IM) I'll tell you my thoughts.