Wednesday, August 4

Nepotism

i learned this word today, and i thought i'd share:

nep·o·tism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (np-tzm)n.
Favoritism shown or patronage granted to relatives, as in business.

\Nep"o*tism\ (?; 277), n. [L. nepus, nepotus, nephew: cf. F. n['e]potisme. See Nephew.] Undue attachment to relations; favoritism shown to members of one's family; bestowal of patronage in consideration of relationship, rather than of merit or of legal claim.

From nepotism Alexander V. was safe; for he was without kindred or relatives. But there was another perhaps more fatal nepotism, which turned the tide of popularity against him -- the nepotism of his order. --Milman.

i want the nepotism of my order, of my pharmacy, to be good, and i want it to turn people to us. i want us to be suggested to other people. i think we're going to be, because of me and because of my girls, because we're good people, and we'll be loved. that makes me very very happy.

No comments: